Deb is an impassioned researcher; striving to support the professional growth of environmental and humane education, shamanic arts, and animal communication. She welcomes inquiries about research projects and collaborations.
Recently published article:
Spirituality and Sustainability Education: A Natural Partnership
Deb Matlock and Richard Jurin. Sustainability: The Journal of Record. December 2016, 9(6): 276-282. doi:10.1089/sus.2016.29070.dm.
Published in – Volume: 9 Issue 6: December 21, 2016
Integrating the more-than-human voice into Western culture, specifically environmental education
General areas of research interest:
- Spiritual connection between people and place
- Ecological Identity
- Animal communication and the human/animal bond
- Dance/rhythmic connection between people and Earth
- Modern Animist frameworks
- Empathy and compassion in education