Deb Matlock, MA
Deb Matlock, MA
Educator, Mentor, Shamanic Practitioner, Animal Communicator
Deb Matlock wears many hats in the world – all of which relate to supporting a deepening connection between people and the rest of life on this planet.
Through her business, Wild Rhythms, Deb provides personalized, transformative educational programs and offers shamanic-style coaching, support, and animal communication for individuals and groups seeking to develop their spiritual connection with the earth as well as their ability to communicate with animals and the natural world.
Additionally, she works as a Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies in the Master of Arts program at Prescott College and also consults with environmental and humane organizations – designing programs, workshops, and professional trainings.
Credentials and Interests
- Currently pursuing a PhD in Environmental Studies at Antioch University New England, Research Focus: Integrating the more-than-human voice into Western culture
- Master of Arts in Environmental Education, June 2003 at Prescott College, Thesis title: Remembering the Dance: Reawakening Our Rhythmic Connection to the Earth through Environmental Education
- Associate Faculty at Prescott College, Master of Arts Program
- Certified Wilderness First Responder (NOLS Wilderness Medicine)
- Certified Life Coach with Coach Training Alliance
- Shamanic Instructor, Ancientways Center for the Shamanic Arts
- Interests: Hiking, Dancing, Yoga, Nature Journaling, Reading, Herbalism, Gardening, Animal Welfare, Working with dogs
- Member of the Association of Professional Humane Educators
- Member of the Society for Shamanic Practice
- Member of the Pet Professional Guild
- Member, Women of Denver
- Member of Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education
- Member of North American Association for Environmental Education
- Member of the Center for Ecozoic Studies